ET has always been one of my favorite movies. It was one of my mom's, too. It's actually got my favorite movie scene of all time- when Gertie goes running screaming through the closet, arms up high- and ET follows suit- I don't know why but I just LOVE that scene! Now I can play it over and over and over again (until my husband says “enough” anyway)! The film is just as magical today as it was so many years ago when I first fell in love with it. I actually found this photo at my dad's over the summer and I'm glad I took a picture of it. I LOVED ET.
And now I can share one of my very favorite movies in the world with my kids. It's quite marvelous. Sadly, the ET doll is long gone. As are my totally awesome feetie pajamas. Maybe ET toys will make a comeback too!?
BONUS FEATURES ON THE
E.T. THE EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL ANNIVERSARY EDITION BLU-RAY™:
- The E.T. Journals: In this all-new bonus feature, retrace the day-to-day experience of creating E.T from never-before-seen, behind-the-scenes footage shot by Academy Award®-winning cinematographer John Toll. This piece will give viewers a unique feeling of being on the set and living the excitement of what it was like to make E.T.
- Steven Spielberg & E.T.: Watch an all-new interview with Steven Spielberg, as he reflects back on the film and discusses his experience working with the actors, as well as his overall and current perspective on E.T.
· Deleted Scenes: Two scenes from 2002 version of the film.
· A Look Back: A special insider’s look into the making of E.T. featuring interviews with Steven Spielberg, the cast, and others intimately involved with the film.
· The E.T. Reunion: The cast and filmmaker reunite to discuss their thoughts on the impact of the film.
· The Evolution and Creation of E.T.: From idea to screenplay, throughcasting and making the film.
· The Music of E.T.: A Discussion with John Williams: Interviews and footage focused on the long-standing relationship between John Williams and Steven Spielberg.
· The 20th Anniversary Premiere: Composer John Williams played the score of E.T. live at the Shrine Auditorium for the re-release premiere of E.T. This featurette gives us a behind the scenes look at this presentation.
· Original Theatrical Trailer
· Special Olympics TV spot