I recently returned from a 2 week vacation on Captiva Island, Florida. If you have never heard of Captiva it is a small barrier island located on the gulf coast of Florida, near Fort Myers. It is world renowned for it’s fabulous shelling, gorgeous white sand beaches, laid back atmosphere and it’s fantastic South Seas Island Resort. I highly recommend that you visit this unique and beautiful island at least once in your life. My family had a FABULOUS time. It was the perfect mix of adventure and relaxation.
The generous people at South Seas allowed my family access to all of their ammenities while we visited the island, and WOW do they have a lot of ammenities!
South Seas is a resort village and wildlife sanctuary with the motto of: Family. Nature. Comfort. It certainly doesn’t dissapoint and lives up to it’s motto. Here is a little bit of information about the resort:
“For decades, generations of families have made South Seas Island Resort the destination of choice in which to share treasured moments and make lasting memories. This iconic 330-acre wildlife preserve spans two and a half miles of shell-laden beaches framing the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico.
All amenities and accommodations are designed to take full advantage of the existing landscape. This Captiva Island resort allows you to discover native Florida in all its wondrous beauty, while relaxing at a Parents Magazines Top 10 Beach Resort for Families.”
AMENITIES & RECREATION
- Two main pools overlook Pine Island Sound and H2Whoa! family water park
- Skullys Family Interactive Center includes award-winning toddlers, kids, tweens and teens programs
- GO! Programs including GO! Fish with resident fishing experts, and GO! Sail with Offshore Sailing School
- Bicycle, golf cart and boat rentals
- Water sports include jet skis, parasailing and hydro bikes
- Guided kayak tours and nature walks
- World-famous shelling
- The Yacht Harbour Marina and Bayside Marina
- Fishing charters, surf casting and shore casting
- Daily cruises in the Gulf of Mexico
- Gulf-front par 3 executive golf course
- Fitness center
- Tennis complex
Our family had a fabulous time visiting the resort. We were so impressed with the friendliness of the staff and the beautiful grounds. We will definitely be coming back again. My family particularly enjoyed the beautiful white sand beaches, relaxing pools, waterslides, parsailing and kayak tour. This vacation really was the perfect mix of adventure and relaxation.
In addition to spending time on the resort, we were also able to take the famous Captiva Cruises Dolphin and Wildlife Adventure Tour. This tour leaves from the South Seas Island Resort and from McCarthy’s Marina.
This 90 minute cruise of the Pine Island Sounds was informative and exciting! We all enjoyed learning about the Atlantic Bottle Nose Dolphin and getting to see several up close and personal as they followed close by our ship. Along the way the friendly captain and crew showed us some of the wildlife and history surrounding the area. It was a great way to spend the afternoon. It was also great to see the island from the water. Such a beautiful place! If you travel to Captiva Island you MUST check out Captiva Cruises!!
“5 day resort access and discounted dolphin cruise rates were offered in exchange for this review. All opinoins expressed are my own.”
Latest posts by Jenni (see all)
- Huggies Snug and Dry Diapers for Moms on the Move! #HuggiesTester - May 16, 2013
- Pink Blush Maternity Clothes (Giveaway) - May 10, 2013
- Huggies Designer Wipes Tub – Function Meets Fashion #HuggiesTester - May 9, 2013