We are so excited to feature another great product from Educational Insights this month! The 7 Habits of Happy Kids is a great board game that is not only fun, but teaches your children important virtues. This game is inspired by a series of books by the same name. jHere are some details from the manufacturer:
“A playful way to introduce, practice, and promote 7 kid-friendly principles of personal happiness. Share, thoughtful, personal responses, and really listen to each other in this family-friendly game that includes game board, 7 character pieces, 7 token holders, 7 sets of tokens, 12 Wild Ernie tokens, and 1 pair of “Ear-Resistable” Jumper Rabbit ears. For 3–7 players. Grades 1+
How to Play:
1. Players choose their playing pieces – characters are from the best-selling 7 Habits of Happy Kids books!
2. Take turns reading cards, responding, and moving around the board to collect tokens for each of the 7 Habits.
3. The first player to fill his or her token holder with 7 tokens becomes the card reader.
4. Play continues until all players have filled their token holders – a true win-win!
I’ll admit that when we first received this game I was a little skeptical. Maybe I was thrown by the unusual title, I’m not sure, but I gave it a try. What a cute little game it turned out to be! As I mentioned before, the focus of the game is to learn the 7 healthy habits and collect the corresponding tokens. The concept is simple and in the end everyone wins! I found that this game was a great way to open up conversations with my children about good behavior in a fun way. The game has a “woodland animals” theme, which I adore. All the characters are so charming. As you travel through the game you hop from stone to stone, discovering all the animals’ burrows and crossing lakes and streams. The game is recommended for children grade 1+. This seems to be right on. My 6 year old is completing kindergarten and he was able to play the game with a little guidance. My 3 hear old wasn’t able to play by himself, but did enjoy wearing the bunny ears! The 7 Habits of Happy Kids is a great new game to add to your collection!
Latest posts by Jenni (see all)
- Huggies Snug and Dry Diapers for Moms on the Move! #HuggiesTester - May 16, 2013
- Pink Blush Maternity Clothes (Giveaway) - May 10, 2013
- Huggies Designer Wipes Tub – Function Meets Fashion #HuggiesTester - May 9, 2013