- Thursday, September 8th – The first day of our devotion series, we’ll start with an overview of ch1)
- Wednesday, September 14th at 9:30pm – Live facebook chat with the Renee Swope, author of A Confident Heart.
- Friday, September 16th – 4 Winners Announced copy of A Confident Heart. (Enter to win at Time2$ave)
Join us as we share our hearts and encourage one another. Don’t forget to sign up here to receive the free devotion and chapter 1. Post #2 9/2 Insecure or Confident? Kicking Doubts and Fears to the Curb!
………Maybe you know exactly what I’m talking about. Perhaps you have prayed since you were a little girl to be a mother, and here you are with kids, doubting you have what it takes to be a good mom. Or maybe you’ve sensed God calling you to serve Him in a way that requires steps of faith, but insecurity has convinced you that you’re not smart enough or gifted enough. Perhaps you have wanted to change jobs for a while and now you have the opportunity to do just that, but you don’t want to go. The unknown is too scary. Although you’ve been miserable, at least the misery is familiar where you are now.? ? ? I desperately wanted to move out of the shadows of my doubts, but all I could do was go through the motions and pray that God would zap me with confidence. I kept hoping it would happen right there in my bathroom, but it didn’t. Doubt and questions continued to criticize me. (excerpt Chapter 1 A Confident Heart by Renee Swope download FREE here.)
Sound familiar? Unfortunatly all too familiar……
I understand what it feels like to live in doubt and insecurity. If only I could see myself how God sees me. I completely relate to the struggles Renee described above. I doubt my ability to home school my kids. When I compare myself to others who have a degree in education, I don’t feel equipped. I find myself insecure in God’s call on my life. Surely the next workshop I teach I will freeze and forget everything I have taught for the past two years. I fear I’m not doing enough for my family, again doubt creeping into my thoughts I don’t have to live “in the shadows of my doubts,” as Renee describes. It will take work on my part, but learning to walk in the confidence that God has for me wil be worth the journey. ? *********************** ? Won’t you join me? Starting on Tuesday, September 6th we’ll go through a devotion each day from the 7-day Doubt Diet, the FREE companion devotional to Renee Swope’s new book, A Confident Heart. The devotions are short, but really encouraging. In committing to the journey together we can hold each other accountable and lift each other up. Go ahead and sign up for the 7-day Doubt Diet here (It has nothing to do with weight) so you’ll be ready next week. Invite your friends. For details about a LIVE facebook chat with the author on September 14th and the giveaway, click HERE for my original post. Post #3 8/31 New! Join us for a week of encouraging devotions!
The 7-day Doubt Diet
- Go here to sign up to receive the 7 Day Doubt Diet.
- Hold your emails as they start to come in – we’re doing this together.
- We’ll have facebook chats a couple of different times.
- Renee Swope is joining us for a live facebook chatt on Wednesday, September 14th!! (time tba – it will be in the evening)
- After we’ve completed the 7 Day Doubt Diet – GIVEAWAY! 4 copies of A Confident Heart.
- Twitter Party – time and date TBA
A Confident Heart: Replace a lack of self-confidence with lasting God-fidence! ?
- Learn to fail forward even when life or sin sets you back
- Live confidently in your God-given purpose, passion, and personality
- Break free from people-pleasing and performance-based living
- Exchange “against me” thoughts with scripture-based God is “for me” thoughts
- Trust the certainty of God’s promises in the uncertainty of your circumstances and emotions