I think I’m becoming obsessed with almanacs. Thankfully my family humors me. But I love finding out facts and information, as do my kids- their natural curiosity inspires me to be more curious- which just makes for very interesting conversation and adventures in daily life. The 2012 National Geographic Kids Almanac is chock-full of information, gorgeous National Geographic photographs that we’ve all admired forever, a cute little dog named Zipper who alerts kids to something they can find online to expand on the section and so much more. My kids are probably at the VERY beginning of recommended ages for this book but we’ve spent hours looking through it already. I think we’ve almost worn the entire dinosaur section out.
Overflowing with extras and in full color, the National Geographic Kids Almanac 2012 features timely (as well as timeless) information on popular subjects such as amazing animals, cool inventions, world cultures, science, sports, technology, history and more. Supersized new sections deliver hours of fun with games, weird-but-true trivia and facts on newly discovered dinosaurs. More than 500 incredible photographs, 20 full-color maps and 350 easy-to-read pages jam-packed with fun lure kids into learning. Homework Help sections and project ideas make this a book kids will return to again and again throughout the year.
- Your World 2012—What’s hot and what’s ahead for 2012
- Going Green—Eco-lingo and tips for green living
- Amazing Animals— From alligator to zorse (half zebra, half horse) and everything in between, tons of fascinating facts about where animals live and what they do
- Culture Connection—Food, currency, literature and lots more from around the world
- Super Science—Space, future world and cool inventions
- The Little Big Book of Fun—Supersized section of puzzles, games and silly trivia
- Wonders of Nature—Turbulent earth and weather, water, oceans, rocks and minerals
- Awesome Adventures—Exciting places to explore around the world
- History Happens—Kids’ favorite perennial topics of ancient Egypt and China, life in the past, United States presidents and international conflicts
- Geography Rocks—Maps, travel, famous landmarks and more
This almanac is under-the-covers, flashlight-worthy reading and is perfect for summer camp care packages and long drives/plane rides to vacation destinations!
TWO of my readers will each win a copy of the 2012 National Geographic Kids Almanac!
Mandatory Entry: Leave a comment with your name and be sure to leave a valid email address in the comment form.
Follow National Geographic Kids Books on Twitter
Follow me via RSS Reader or GFC (+1 entry each, up to 2)
Share this giveaway on any social networking site: #Win @NGKidsBks 2012 #Kids #almanac from @mamatomjr http://wp.me/p1qA6G-27s 2 winners #giveaway (up to 2x/day at least 1 hour apart)
This giveaway will end on July 1, 2011 at midnight, EST. US only. Winners to be chosen randomly. Winners have 48 hours to respond to initial contact or new winners will be selected.
I received a sample of this product to facilitate my review. Opinions expressed within are my own.
[ad#glam between posts]